Wednesday 21 February 2007

The one with the balloon head and the Hollywood dreams...

So there it was, sitting on my lap, the progressing main part of the Snowdevil (find it at Domiknitrix.com) but it looked very very small...

Well, my head can't be that big she thought, heading for the bathroom with the lilac piece still on the new Addi's purchased on Sunday...

Well maybe my head is not that big, but i am sure the hat is supposed to snug the head, not sit on top of it...Doh! And with the painstaking picking up of stitches etc I am not sure I could face the frogging process. Surely there must be another way.

I just would need to stretch it, like as if to block, but in a round shape...

And then it hit me: a balloon, so simple, yet so obvious! But i need to finish the basic shape first (ie have the hat off the needles)
Off to the shops then to buy a party pack, excited wait as the hat takes shape (but inflate one balloon first, yes it looks like it can be made French head size! Hurrah)....the nape....left flap...i-cord and arrow point (under the watchful eye of my SnB, despite trying to distract them with pancakes).........right flap....i-cord (it's now almost 1AM, surely i should go to bed)....and pointy arrow point...
Ah...the light in the bathroom has gone...doh, it's the fuses...there is no power at all ...oh well, it's in partial darkness that armed with a pink balloon and a bol to sit my creation in I fill the sink with water and plunge the lilac fabric in, hoping that it will not come to any harm.

Just as Storm said it would, with its 70% wool the fabric softens and gently gives under my fingers as the water penetrates the fibres.
Empty the sink and carefully squeeze the water out...i am a little worried that my lovely but too-small hat will now look like a wet rat and never recover...

I could put it on the balloon now, but i find it a lot more productive to stick it on my head, just to check that it will indeed fit...it does (hurrah!)

So the balloon gets inflated and sat in the bowl for balance, and the hat gets shaped on the contraption....result? well, we'll see...for now it is drying, but hopefully very soon i will have a photo to show!

But another surprise awaits me this morning. In my inbox an email from my movie-making friend, with a movie script...and the request of 'would I consider trying out for it'.
Me? In a movie?

I read the script (it will only be about 5 minutes long) and despite the REQUIREMENT for my cellulite to be on display (playing it self....I guess I always dreamt to be able to say: bag by lulu guiness, cellulite: model's own!) I love it. It tells the tale of every woman tortured by the media into despising her shape....So I said yes...

It may never happen, but who knows...I could be going to my own premiere sometime in the future...and how cool would THAT be?

Note to self: maybe I should go back to going on dates with guys with fascinating jobs that can land you fame and fortune even when you decide that they are far to gorgeous and self-assured to cope, despite the fact they adore you... Phil, if you are reading this...I'm joking! X

No comments: