Wednesday 12 December 2007

The one with the yellow bear...










So finally I located my dongle and so the world can be full of bad photos taken with a mobile phone again...ahhh!



Pudsey is the mascot for the Children in Need charity event and I had promised to knit one to be raffled. Armed with a pattern and some acrylic yarn I set to work.

The whole pattern is worked in Stockinette and there is quite a bit of shaping, although no short rows. The arms and legs are articulated at the shoulder/hip so the bear can sit/stand/wave/figure ice-skate etc...

A short week later and Pudsey was born, complete with trade-mark eye-patch adorned with red sequins for dots...



Just over a foot tall he went to the cake stall to be raffled. I was hoping to get £5 from ticket sales, but after 2 hours we had raised £41.50!

He was won by Julia that very afternoon and there were quite a few request of making more.
But that's about a month old (bad blogger, no cookie!)
Since that I have been busy if not buzzy and the needles have been well used (slippers, meerkat, and some startitis evidence)...more of that later when the camera phone springs into action again!

1 comment:

Saskia said...

GRRRRRREAT knitting! good job. I have a book with bear patterns and want to make one, I just never get round to it and I'm dreading all the seaming to be honest...